Friday, February 6, 2015

Rugs, Wristies, Shawls... COLOR!

Beautiful spring like weather makes me happy thinking of the garden, spring clothes, creative pursuits, and always, lots of color!

Working on a new rug that I'm having great fun with, and very excited about.  Here's a few bits and pieces.




I have two different venues that I'm going to show my work in next fall and early winter.  So, since hooking is so time intensive, I'm already working and setting things aside for that.

Just off the loom is this lovely shawl in the most fabulous blues and teals.  This one is traveling to it's new home in Greece!


And below, a sweet pair of wristies I knitted for a friend......


Last night we had a lovely evening at Tea Bar and Bites where hubby, Jim Mayfield, is currently showing photos from our trip last spring to the Netherlands and Belgium.  The theme of his show works well for February, lots of tulips and gardens.... plus windmills and bicycles.  I took this prior to the reception.  Lovely turnout, and lots of good company.


I really must include this sweet photo of Willow basking in the warm sun falling through the window.  She's got it made!


Happy Weekend!
xo
dulcy

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Congratulatons on having your rugs out there for all to enjoy and purchase...Willow, now there's a sweetie; just so precious all snuggled up.....
You've been a busy lady with all your work...I am still enjoying my purse I purchased from you several years ago....Still looks great and I get so many compliments on it...Have a good weekend...

Jennifer Richardson said...

Such beautiful creations, dulcy; I love the way your eye knits together color and texture and whimsy and then makes it happen
out loud and functional.
You're amazing.
Glad to see kitties like Willow
wrapped in kindness:)
-Jennifer

Simple Pleasures During Confusing Times

Such complicated and confusing times we’re living in these days. Do I go out or stay in? Mask all or some of the time? Travel?! It’s all so...